ST. JOHN BERCHMANS LEGACY CAMPAIGN
1. Rebuild Church Roof Structure – $850,000
Repairs to the structural support for the Church roof within the last 15 years are insufficient to support snow loads and meet current building code structural requirements. Per the Church’s engineering consultant, the nave portion of the structure exhibits a significant weakness requiring prompt attention. The temporary shoring of this area is included in this line item.
2. Campus Wide Masonry and Lintel Repairs – $1,150,000
This item includes reconstruction of masonry in the balance of the Church, the Rectory, the Convent, as well as the Logan School and Altgeld Upper Grade Center. It also includes the lintel replacement in the Church. This is a continuation of the emergency work that has been completed, and includes the loan repayment for work completed.
3. Repayment of loans – $515,000
The loans originated to fund code compliance, life safety, and handicapped accessibility renovation work in the Church in 2008 and 2009. Additional loans were generated from revenue shortfalls in the church and school operating budget.
4. School Scholarship Endowment – $750,000
This will be used to create a school endowment fund for scholarship students. Currently there are 75 each year requiring aid in the payment of tuition and fees for full-time enrollment in years PreK-8. This endowment is expected to generate revenues to fund these scholarships in perpetuity.
5. Campus Wide Security Upgrade – $65,000
Provide entry door replacement for the rectory, convent, Logan school and courtyard. Also, additional security locks will be installed throughout the entire campus. This is the 2nd phase of an on-going project.
6. Campus Wide Non-decorative Window Replacement – $250,000
Replace existing windows in both schools and the convent with energy efficient windows. This budget item includes all lintel replacement in conjunction with these windows.
7. Repair/Remodel Church Hall, Convent and Schools – $442,000
- Provide accessible bathroom facilities
- Remodel kitchen
- General facility repairs
- Re-work and remodel of 1st floor offices
- New bathroom facilities
- Remodel basement
- General facility repairs
- New bathroom facilities on the 2nd floor
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Acoustical treatments in gym
- New sound system
- Hot water throughout
8. Install Air Conditioning in the Church – $250,000
Add air conditioning in the church to enable increased weddings, music concerts and events for comfort and revenue generation. Hopefully this will also increase summer Mass attendance.
9. Interior Church Remodeling (including adoration chapel) – $170,000
Provide remodeling of the choir loft, stairwell and adoration chapel. Purchase new furnishings for the sanctuary and new statues and/or artwork for the church. Purchase a new piano for the choir loft. Purchase and install hymnal racks, literature racks and new signage throughout the campus.
10. Replacement of Church Organ/Repairs to Church Bell – $550,000
Replace Church organ with salvaged church organ.